Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day 23 - 27 - 23rd November to 27th November

Well we are now going to update in weeks as I am extremely busy with Kezzie and never get a chance to sit down and just breathe...so will update once a week so that we can keep track of your progress Kezzie... we are home for a week now...we do speech therapy twice a week from home.. we do Neuro physio twice a week from home.. we do brain gym once a week...and we are just pushing forward...Little Kezzie is still on pureed food but not a happy camper...It does not fill her and if anyone knows Kezzie they know that she has hollow bones... I sit back and reflect on Kezzie and her eating habits as we have to assess if she is on par...I remember when I moved Kezzie onto a bottle she never drank a full bottle... she would drink some leave it and then later want the rest of her bottle... Kezzie never ate a big meal but ate in small bits all the time... when she was little she would eat...then go run around or play and come back and eat the rest...now many people believe that a child should sit at the table and eat all their food dished up to them but think about it do you always feel like you want to eat? Do you always feel like you dont want all your food but you were raised that way to eat all your food so your kids should do the same? I was never raised in a home like that but I have seen many friends who have force it on their kids and invariably some of those people have eating disorders or weight problems...Kezzie would eat all her food just not in one setting and that is probably why she was so thin as well... I always joked and said to Mom maybe I should eat like that ... small bits at a time and run around in between... who knows maybe I should copywrite it and bring out a new diet....Princess Kezzie's Way....speech therapy seems to be where Kezzie is battling due to the fact that the oral is the most difficult part to gain back and the hardest work...she fights the speech therapist all the time...God grant her a spirit of acceptance that this is something she needs desperately as without speech therapy we cannot eat that McDonalds cheese burger...I have the most amazing mom and I think that is why I am doing so well as a mom... my mom has been with me all the time and she has been a pillar of strength...what a blessing I have in my mother...she rushes and does her work then she comes and helps me with the cleaning of my home and the looking after Kezzie...I know that this is breaking my mom and dad's heart to see their grandaughter like this as she was our mischevious, energetic little sprite who was more inquisitive than any little monkey around ... on the go and exploring and searching for new things all the time... guys I know you are hurting and I appreciate all you do... I am sorry I cannot give more than this right now as my energies are concentrated on bringing back my Kezzie and trying to find a balance with my Miggie...thank you Mom and Dad for looking after Miggie... Miggie refuses to come home right now as he is missing his old sis and her fun ways...he gets so distressed when it is medicine time as Kezzie works herself up into a complete fit when I give her Epilim and inject the Clexane and his little heart cannot handle her hurt and her crying... Miggie I will give you time to come to terms with it and then you need to come home... I miss you and I can tell you your sister misses her hero...

No comments:

Post a Comment